Sunday, May 6, 2012

Funky Beauty

See the bee in the middle.  And we think we have it hard.

Today was a beautiful day.  I spent alot of time outside and attended a wonderful bridal shower.  I am not sure I will ever understand how I can be feeling fine one minute and be hit with a wave of emotions and tears the next.  Sometimes I can feel the emotions and feelings and then let them pass but other days I can't.   The feelings sometimes take over and I can feel myself getting into a funk. 

I have been in a little bit of a funk this week.  I had several days when I just wanted to be alone.  It is tough because I work with alot of people and I need to interact with them.  That is when smiling and being cordial is work.  I am mentally and emotionally exhausted when I get home.  Sometimes I even hide it from my husband because I don't want to burden him.  I know he cares but I just think I am better off keeping it to myself.  And then I go to sleep and hopefully wake up refreshed.  Luckily, this week I didn't carry over these feelings day after day.  If I feel kind of funky this week, I will look at these pictures and focus on the beauty.
Remember doing this when you were young?

My Roxy exploring the yard (and unweeded garden)


1 comment:

  1. I love that you are so "real" ... like the Velveteen Rabbit. I'm working on being "real" as well. For me, that means not being "on" and "up" and all. I too like my quiet times and down-time. Please know that you can be yourself- that wonderful Y-O-U - with me always! Pam

    ReplyDelete